Danstar Nottingham Ale Yeast
- Quick start to fermentation, which can be completed in 4 days above 17°C.
- High attenuation, reaching a final gravity near 1008 (2°P).
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation is dependent on inoculation density,yeast handling, fermentation temperature and the nutritional quality of the wort.
- Shows flocculation at completion of fermentation, and settling is promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma is slightly estery, almost neutral and does not display malodours when properly handled.
- Because of flocculation, it may tend to slightly reduce hop bitter levels.
- Best when used at traditional ale temperatures after rehydration in the recommended manner.
- Lager-style beer has been brewed with Nottingham, however low fermentation temperature requires adaptation of the pitching rate to ensure proper attenuation.
Image Not Available
Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this item!