Anonymous: Witty Wendy
Witbier - Partial Mash
• Makes 5.5 Gallons @ 75% Efficiency
|Briess Bavarian Wheat Liquid Extract||4 lbs, 0 oz|
|Briess White Wheat||2 lbs, 0 oz|
|Briess 2-Row Brewer's Malt||2 lbs, 0 oz|
|Willamette Pellets||.5 oz @ 60 mins|
|Willamette Pellets||.5 oz @ 15 mins|
|Cascade Pellets||.25 oz @ 1 mins|
|Brewer's Garden Sweet Orange Peel||.5 oz @ 0 mins|
|Wyeast Labs Belgian Witbier||1 ea|
|1.044 - 1.052||1.008 - 1.012||10 - 20||2 - 4||4.50 - 5.50|
** Recipe calls for 5 grams of coriander. This isn't included in this recipe since I got some from a local brewery.
- Prepare 7 gallons of water and treat with 1/2 pill of campden.
Mash: (Temperature mash, medium body)
- Mash 4 lbs of grain at 154*F for an hour using 1.25 quarts/lb.
- Sparge using 7.5 quarts of 168*F water.
- Combine mash wort with remainder of treated water for total boil
volume of 7 gallons.
Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this item!