Mighty Monk Jaspers Home Brew Dead Guy Ale Clone
Maibock/Helles Bock - Extract
• Makes 5 Gallons @ 75% Efficiency
|1.064 - 1.072||1.011 - 1.018||23 - 35||6 - 11||6.30 - 7.40|
1. Place the crushed grains in a grain bag and add 2 gal water.
2. Heat water until temp is between 150 and 170 deg. Steep the grains in this range for 30 mins.
3. Remove and discard grains. Add Malt extract #1 (4.4 lbs of 8.3 total) And stir until dissolved.Bring this mix to a boil.
4. When boiling begins add 2 oz Perle hops. Boil these for the entire 60 mins.
5. With 5 mins left in the 60 min boil, pause the brew timer, remove the brew pot from heat and add Malt extract #2 (remaining 3.9 lbs of extract) Stir until dissolved, bring wort back to boil. When boiling begins again,continue boiling for the last 5 mins.
6. At the end of the 60 min boil, remove kettle from heat. Add 1 oz of Saaz hops. Place lid over kettle and steep for 10 mins.
Note: during this steep, it is important to cover the kettle to prevent loss of hop oils.
7. After 10 mins add sanitized wort chiller and cool to 80 deg.
8. Add cooled wort to 2 gallons cold water in fermenter and top to 5 gallons.
9. Pitch yeast when wort is cooled below 75 degrees.
Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this item!