Anonymous: John's Yella Beer
Premium American Lager - Extract
• Makes 6 Gallons @ 75% Efficiency
|1.046 - 1.056||1.008 - 1.012||15 - 25||2 - 6||4.60 - 6.00|
• Bring 2 gallons of water to boil in a small kettle.
• Heat 1 gallon of water in the large brew kettle, adding the dry malt
extract and 1 lb cane sugar, and bring to a boil.
• When the small kettle begins boiling, cut the flame and add the liquid
malt extract, mixing thoroughly.
• Return to heat.
• When the large brew kettle boils, add the mixture from small kettle.
• The small kettle may now be cleaned and put away.
• When the brew kettle returns to boiling, add ½ oz Perle and ½ oz
Hallertau hops and set timer for 45 minutes.
• At 45 minutes (i.e., 15 minutes remaining), add the Irish Moss and set the timer for 10 minutes.
• After 10 minutes (i.e., 5 minutes remaining), add second ½ oz Hallertau hops and continue boiling for 5 minutes.
• Cut the flame and allow to set, covered, for at least ½ hour.
• Begin rehydration and preparation of the Danstar Nottingham yeast, per
• Transfer the hot wort into the brew bucket, pouring through a fine screen sieve to remove traub and provide aeration.
• Add any yeast nutrient or accelerator at this point and stir thoroughly.
• Insert the copper chilling coil into the kettle and cool wort to
Reviews and Ratings
Be the first to review this item!